The Development Support Program (DSP)
Starting January 2017, the Government of the Republic of Vanuatu has launched the Development Support Program (DSP) for the purpose of raising funds to support infrastructure and promoting economic development of Vanuatu. The DSP is a new provision enacted by the Vanuatu Government under the Citizenship Act with the powers conferred on the Prime Minister. Candidates may apply for Vanuatu Honorary Citizenship by contributions to the Government of Vanuatu of $200,000 USD per application or $235,000 USD for a 4 family members. The citizenship acquired under the DSP program is fully recognised by the Government of Vanuatu and the nationality is regarded as Ni-Vanuatu (Vanuatu citizen). Those applying for and receiving Vanuatu Citizenship under the DSP have the full right to reside in Vanuatu at all times and the passport is renewable upon expiry. Moreover, Citizenship is hereditary.
The applicant must not have any criminal record and must be of high standing in his or her community, organisation, society or country.
- Vanuatu passport gives access to 113 visa-free or visa on arrival countries including the United Kingdom, European Union and Singapore. Vanuatu also has a mutual visa waiver agreement with Schengen Area and Russia.
- You can add most of your family to your application (children under 25 years old, parents aged 65 and above).
- You can stay up to 90 days within any 180 period in a Schengen country and 6 months in a year in the United Kingdom.
- Vanuatu has zero corporate tax, it also has no income tax, no capital gains tax, no estate tax, no wealth tax, no withholding tax, no gift tax and no other personal income taxes. Aside from a locally applied 12.5% VAT, there are almost no taxes at all. Vanuatu is business-friendly.
- Completely confidential process
- You can only apply for a Vanuatu citizenship through a “Designated Agent” who is appointed by the government.
- Vanuatu is a member of the Commonwealth and its citizens are considered Commonwealth citizens granting them additional rights in the United Kingdom and certain Commonwealth countries.
- Passports are valid for a period of 5 years renewable for the same period.
The process involves a preliminary verification and due diligence verification. Once those are passed, the application is straight forward if all required documents are provided. Usually, it takes about 6 to 8 weeks to complete the full process.
Please note that payments are non-refundable and you are required to submit a proof of the source of funds for due diligence verification.
The procedure to apply for citizenship under the DSP requires a designated agent who receive and forward your money and your application to the citizenship commission. To successfully obtain your Vanuatu citizenship, you fully rely on an unknown agent to manage your application and fund transfer. At AJC, our experienced multilingual staff can process your application faster than any other service provider and make sure you are helped and informed along the way.
AJC has partnered with a local designated agent to offer a better, more trusted and professional service than any other Vanuatu Citizenship service provider.
In order to guarantee you a maximum protection, we manage the money transfer with our locally based trust company which receive the money and transfer it directly to the government. We are the only entity that can guarantee oversight of your money transfer directly to the Vanuatu Government.
As a well established and renowned local business since 2003. We are a trusted partner you can count on.
Visa requirement for Vanuatu Passport
|Passport application (per person)||USD$150|
|Due Diligence Fee|
|For each person in the application||USD$2,000|
|Additional Application Fees for larger families|
|Each additional child||USD$5,000|
|Each dependent child of 18 to 25 years old||USD$10,000|
|Each dependent adult over 65 years old||USD$10,000|
|Optional fees for overseas ceremony|
|Air travel and accommodation for 2 people||USD$5,000**|
*Fees are set by law for certain territories. Contact us for more details.
**Exact cost will vary depending on your location.
Ready to start your application process?
|For a one person|
|Due Diligence Fee||USD$2,000|
|For a family of two adults|
|Due Diligence Fee||USD$4,000|
|For a family of two adults and three children|
|Due Diligence Fee||USD$10,000|
Not sure how much it would cost for your family?
For more information about the process and a list our required documents, you can download our Development Support Program (DSP) brochure by filling this form: