OPPORTUNITY IN VANUATU – SOUTH PACIFIC
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT / AUDIT SENIOR MANAGER
Are you a qualified Accountant looking to enhance / utilise your experience and skill set while living on a Pacific Island?
We are Vanuatu’s best accounting and audit firm of chartered accountants, auditors and business.
Advisors, and provide a range of traditional assurance and accounting services to local and international clients, from large corporate to small owner managed businesses, covering a wide industry range.
AJC is seeking applications for a self-motivated qualified senior Accountant / Auditor to join our busy team of professionals in Vanuatu and to assist/supervise development of our local accounting team.
This role requires
- Minimum 3 to 5 years practical experience in the accounting / audit field;
- An Accounting / Business degree, preference will be given to a CPA or CA qualified accountant
- Working knowledge of IFRS;
- Proven ability and knowledge to work with accounting programs (XERO)
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Strong supervisory and administrative skills;
- A team leader, and
- Excellent English communication and written skills (French would be an advantage).
Our environment is highly professional and positive and can offer a lifestyle balance while still providing excellent training and resources.
Send CV and details of contactable referees to Managing Partner, Martin St-Hilaire : email@example.com
Some more detail on the task
That job report directly to the Managing Partner or to the Accounting and Audit Manager
The candidate must be enthusiastic with technologies. Coaching the team and helping the team to achieve better result must be the mindset.
The job is really diversified; most is done from the office without any need to sit at client premise. Only 15% to 20% is work in relation with Annual Audit, 60% is about daily/monthly accounting and about helping our client to perform and grow ( Monthly Management Account, Vat Return, Payroll, etc.), and 20-25% is in relation with other engagement.
Here is a list of responsibilities link to the job:
- Responsible for monitoring, managing and maintaining clients’ Work In Progress records.
- Responsible for raising fees for clients and collecting debtors on a timely basis.
- Responsible for management of junior staff including mentoring, review and control of their work.
- Work with various accounting packages, particularly XERO, to prepare monthly management accounts for clients and other financial reports.
- Review of VAT returns for various clients
- Monitor timeliness of return preparation by staff handling processing of client work (or client) and lodge within required time.
- Liaison with VAT Office and research of legislation as required.
- Preparation of Financial Statements from data in office or data provided by clients.
- Financial statement to be prepared to include balance sheet, profit and loss account, cash flow, statements, notes to the financial statements in accordance with International Accounting Standards.
- Audit assignment planning and budgeting
- Co-ordination of junior staff to carry out audit testing
- Analytical review of management accounts
- Review audit testing data and form audit conclusions
- Compile audited financial statements from management accounts and audit adjustments
- Client liaison for duration of audit
- Junior staff training and guidance as required.
In addition to Supervise the Audit work and Supervise the Monthly accounting, Monthly sale tax return (VAT), Payroll, Management account, the job might require you to work on different specific assignment for Liquidation or a Receiverships job, Business Valuation, Business plan drafting feasibility or Market research, sale and purchase agreement, etc.
At AJC we serve clients needs and we keep a multidisciplinary team, speaking various language and having various skill set, two other Expat employee are Lawyer and support the accounting team in these special assignment.
The ideal candidate will be self motivated and with an entrepreneurial spirit, so to:
- Respond to new client enquiries
- Respond to tenders from clients for new work within the capacity of the Accountant.
- On call basis to assist clients with their accounting problems.
- Establish charts of accounts, computer systems, VAT etc for clients.
- Establish accounting systems (both computerized and manual) for clients.
- Seek out opportunities and the lead role in developing new work, in consultation with the Partners.
- Presenting occasional in house staff training sessions.